Terms & Conditions
Please Note the Terms & Conditions attached to the purchase of a ticket for an Ireland Rugby international are as follows:
1. An application for the allocation of a Ticket (a "Ticket") is subject to the terms and conditions set out below ("the Terms and Conditions"). The purchase of a ticket shall constitute acceptance in full of all Terms and Conditions.
2. Any purchaser and/or holder ("Ticket Holder") of a Ticket, Tickets or package(s) shall further agree to abide by the Irish Rugby Football Union's ("the IRFU's") normal ticket conditions, as available upon application to the IRFU or available on the IRFU website. Furthermore, any Ticket Holder for any of Ireland's away international matches shall agree to abide by the ticket terms and conditions of the Host Union, details of which are obtainable upon application to the IRFU.
3. Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase, save where a match is cancelled in advance and not rearranged. Any liability of the IRFU for a cancelled match shall be limited to the face value of the ticket.
4. All Ticket(s) or package(s) purchased are charged at the advertised price and may also be subject to a handling fee or administration charge.
5. The allocation of a Ticket shall be entirely at the discretion of the IRFU. The IRFU shall have the final decision in relation to the allocation of Tickets and the location of the designated seats to which those Tickets relate.
6. All Tickets issued to the Ticket Holder shall remain at all times the property of the IRFU which has the right to recall any Ticket at any time.
7. Unless otherwise authorised by the IRFU, all Tickets are issued for the Ticket Holder's personal use only. The Ticket Holder shall act in his or her personal capacity and not as agent for any third party. It is not permitted for the Ticket Holder to sell or otherwise transfer a Ticket to others, to exploit a Ticket commercially or non-commercially, to use it for promotional purposes, hospitality purposes, competitions or campaigns or to transfer and/or dispose of a Ticket in any way.
8. Any Ticket used in breach of Term 7 shall be void and all the rights conferred or evidenced by such Ticket shall be immediately nullified or withdrawn and the IRFU shall have the right to confiscate such Ticket, to deny access to the Ticket Holder or other Ticket holder, or refuse anyone who is using such a Ticket to gain access, and furthermore to re-sell the Ticket to whomever it sees fit, all without any obligation to refund the purchase price of the Ticket to the Ticket Holder.
9. Failure to observe any of these Terms and Conditions will constitute a breach of contract enforceable in law and may result in legal action by the IRFU. The IRFU shall be entitled to terminate the Ticket upon breach of any of the Terms and Conditions by the Ticket Holder.
10. Where a ticket is purchased through the IRFU website at http://www.irishrugby.ie, all Tickets or notices under these Terms and Conditions, shall be sent by ordinary prepaid post to the address of the Purchaser as given by the purchaser at the time of purchase at the sole risk of the Purchaser, unless otherwise advised. Purchasers with an address outside of Europe will have their tickets held for collection at IRFU offices in the week preceeding the game. The IRFU accepts no responsibility to replace lost, damaged or stolen Tickets. The onus rests with the Purchaser to ensure the IRFU has his or her correct, up-to-date address. Any requests to change the delivery address for tickets must be made in writing to the IRFU or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All notices shall be deemed to have been received upon delivery, or within 72 hours of posting, whichever is the earlier. In exceptional circumstances notices may appear on the IRFU's website www.IrishRugby.ie, be published in a national newspaper or notified to the Purchaser by e-mail and shall be deemed to be delivered on the same day as published on the IRFU's website or in a national newspaper or sent by e-mail. Any Purchaser who has not received their Ticket(s) three days prior to a match should contact the IRFU at email@example.com
11. The IRFU excludes to the maximum extent permitted by the law any liability for loss, injury or damage to persons or property in or around the stadium. Any liability on the part of the IRFU shall be limited to the face value of the Ticket.
12. The Ticket Holder shall comply with all relevant statutes, health and safety regulations and stadium regulations when attending the international rugby union matches to which a Ticket relates. In addition, the Ticket Holder shall comply with all instructions issued by the IRFU and/or its agents or employees.
13. If any of the Terms and Conditions are deemed to be, or become invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable under applicable laws, then such of the Terms and Conditions will be deemed amended to conform to applicable laws so as to be valid and enforceable, or if it cannot be so amended without materially altering the intention of the parties, it will be deleted, but the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions shall not be impaired or affected in any way.
14. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and any applicant for a Ticket under these Terms and Conditions acknowledges that he/she has not relied upon any oral or written representation made by the IRFU or it agents or employees. If there is any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any advertisement or document published by the IRFU, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
Additionally, please note the following ticket terms, as printed on Ireland International Rugby match tickets:
The purchase and/or presentation of a ticket in order to gain access to Aviva Stadium (the "Stadium") shall constitute unqualified acceptance of the IRFU's ticket terms & conditions which are published at http://www.irishrugby.ie/tickets/terms.php, which incorporate the following terms (the "Terms").
A breach of the Terms shall render the ticket void and all rights conferred or evidenced by it shall be nullified. In the event of such a breach, the IRFU and the Stadium owner and their agents and servants (the "Management"), may refuse to admit such a ticket holder to the Stadium and may eject such a ticket holder from the Stadium even after admission or may direct a ticket holder to another part of the Stadium. A ticket holder who is refused admission, evicted or directed to another part of the Stadium in accordance with the Terms shall not be entitled to a refund.
Entry into the Stadium will be authorised on a match day only upon the presentation of a valid ticket by each ticket holder seeking to gain entrance, regardless of age. Individuals who have been banned from attending matches by competent authorities or sports governing bodies in any jurisdiction, or who are considered as a security risk, are prohibited from entering or remaining in the Stadium.
All ticket holders entering the Stadium must comply with the Stadium Regulations of the Stadium at all times.
The instructions of the Management, stewards and An Garda Síochána must be obeyed at all times, ticket holders must truthfully answer any question concerning a ticket from a steward or member of the Management and ticket holders agree to be searched by a member of An Garda Síochána.
Tickets may only be purchased from the IRFU or officially authorised agents of the IRFU. Any ticket obtained from any other source (for example, unauthorised intermediaries such as ticket brokers, internet auctions, internet ticket agents) will be rendered void, and all rights of entry into the Stadium will be nullified. Any person seeking to use such a ticket obtained through unauthorised sources will be refused entry into the Stadium, ejected from the Stadium and/or will have their ticket seized by the Management, in addition to other remedies available to the Management.
Upon request from the Management, ticket holders must explain how, from whom and where and for what consideration they obtained their tickets.
Tickets are non-transferable. In particular, it is prohibited to sell, advertise or offer to sell this ticket to any person at a price in excess of its face value. Further, it is a breach of the Terms to advertise the sale of this ticket in any forum, including placing the ticket for auction on any online auction website. This ticket shall not be used as a prize in any lottery or competition or for any promotional or advertising purpose or otherwise as part of a corporate package or hospitality package unless expressly authorised in writing by the IRFU. Without the express consent of the IRFU, such ticket shall be rendered void, and all rights of entry into the Stadium will be nullified. Any such action may also result in legal proceedings against the ticket holder and/or the advertiser or on-line auction website.
If a ticket holder commits a trespass, reasonable force may be used to prevent, restrain or terminate any trespass. Unauthorised contact with the boundary wall surrounding the pitch, incursion on the pitch or climbing a floodlight or other pylon, stand or other building constitutes a trespass to property.
Should the match be postponed or abandoned, no entitlement to refund shall arise. If the match is subsequently played or replayed, this ticket shall be valid for the later date unless otherwise advised by IRFU. Ticket holders are therefore advised to retain their ticket.
Where a ticket holder is in breach of any of the Terms, or where the Management believes that a ticket holder constitutes a source of danger to others, or to the Stadium, such ticket holder may be refused entry to or ejected from the ground, and reasonable force may be used for that purpose.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the ticket holder (in his or her own name and on behalf of any minors using a ticket bought by him or her) accepts all risks and dangers which the ticket holder may face or endure while attending any match and waives any claims against the Management relating to such risks and dangers. The ticket holder (in his or her own name and on behalf of any minors using a ticket bought by him or her) accepts that there are risks to his or her personal safety or property loss on the way to or from and outside of or within the Stadium. Nothing in this paragraph is intended to require a ticket holder to accept risks or dangers from, or waive rights to damages arising from, the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the Management. Nothing in this agreement will affect the statutory rights of any ticket holder or exclude or restrict any liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence or improper conduct by the Management or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.